Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Virtual House Mk.2


Virtual House was a project I worked with Drew briefly on in the past (It's no longer online though). However, a new house demands a new Virtual House!

This time, I'm going to try and follow through with some ideas I had previously. I'd like to make it into a Myst-Style puzzle adventure game, that updates overtime... Kind of episodic. Not only do I hope to show off my house and my game skillz, but the plan is to make it kind of layered, so that each layer employs different web-based programming techniques. I figure I can also use it as an elephants graveyard, dumping other things that didn't quite work out into it and using them as clues/red herrings.

I don't have a full story worked out for it yet. I have a rough idea of how its going to start, but I think I'm going to take it JJ Abrams/Lost style and make up most of it as I go along but claim that it's all been planned that way all along. It's up to you to choose what you believe!

I have a design plan worked out for the top layer (basic html) but I don't know how long it will be till its finished. At the moment I'm planning to have it done by the end of the weekend, but even then, I don't know where I'm going to put it up... Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment