Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My love of equestrian - FINALLY REVEALED!


<- Actual Box Art.

You see... originality is for berks.

Ninja Pirate Robot Equestrian On The Moon was actually one of the first full color games I ever played on my my old "IBM Compatible" Laser computer. My Dad picked it up at a garage sale for 50 cents because I was going through a pirate stage at the time. Strangely enough, I credit this game with beginning what I call my '非業の死の段階', or 'Ninja Stage'. I had already passed my robot stage some years before when I saw the Transformers animated movie.

Initially I didn't know what to make of it's complicated pirate parlay rules... or realistic moon physics. Before long though, I was soaring through the heavens atop my robotic steed, slaying other ninja pirates and performing difficult steeplechase routines. This is the kind of magic I want to bring back to the people of the digital generation. More to come later on...

(Now, seriously for a moment, I just started drawing a picture for use on the title screen. It's probably not as finished as it should be but it's enough for tonight. Similarly, the title text was only something I did up hastily. Can you pick out the part where I lost interest? The more I look at it though, the more I love it's ugliness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment