Friday, January 31, 2014

Candy Jam #2 - Non-random random tiles

Today was pretty productive, so why not check out this demo of how it works so far?

http://www.bigstompyrobots.com/candy/

Edit: demo has been replaced with the Beri-remix of the completed game.

I thought I had the tile stuff pretty much done and dusted, until I exported the demo and run it in the browser... So in the dev environment everything comes in randomized but for some reason the html5 version doesn't want to randomize on a tile by tile basis for some reason. There's also a weird bias in the clearing mechanic as well... but I'm not sure I'm going to have time to look into it. Since it doesn't break anything, for now it's totally an intentional feature.

Tomorrow I'm hopefully going to be able to get the battle mechanic working. Essentially the player and an AI take turns at seeing who can pick the best batch of candy in a short amount of time, loser of which takes damage. I have some options for adding a little more depth to it, but it's all going to come down to time really.  If I can get it done quick that will hopefully leave Sunday to add a little more depth or some nice bells and whistles. I still have a couple of other art things that should probably get done as too, like a title screen, and every time I look at the game I see another element that could be done better, so I suspect I'm going to be using all the time I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment